Government Spending – The 75/25 split

Want better value for your tax dollars?

Here’s my suggestion:

 

Let’s require that 75 percent of all people receiving public funding for their work

spend 75 percent of their time providing a direct service or direct product

to end users/citizens.

Those providing support services to this initial 75 percent would be lumped in with the remaining 25 percent.

 

Of the remaining 25 percent, let’s require them to spend 25 percent of their time providing a direct service or direct product to end users/citizens, too.

 

Each publicly funded activity would be evaluated according to its face to face connection with actual end users/citizens.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s